Everlasting Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everlasting Night

This is a mature Role Playing site.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The 'Tates' Will Decide

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LadySaphiraShijinuske
LadySaphiraShijinuske

The 'Tates' Will Decide Empty
PostSubject: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:19 pm

[Warning: The begining is long. if you dont want to read it toodles ^_^]

"Legend speaks of many importal entitys, and some who fall in love with humans. It is rare, however, to hear a tale suh as Niiva's. The God of snow- said to be the most beautyful of the northern lands dieties. His heard was suposed to be as cold as the ice covered lands he ruled though, focused only on the task at hand. humans who claimed to see him often told of his blue eyes that chilled past the bone into the very soul of men.

The 'Tates' Will Decide T1

The woman, whos statue stands opposite his in the temple of Niikar, who melted his heart was the daughter of the head priest of the Higher God Moren, Ruler of life and creation. Blessed with beauty beyond any normal mortal her sweet voice entranced the God, luring him into game.

The 'Tates' Will Decide T2

When the Priest heard of this, he grew infuriated.How dare a lesser entity even think of being with his daughter? It was unforgivable. And so he went, enraged after seeing Niiva embracing his beautiful daughter, to the temple in which he prayed so often.
'Please', he begged, 'I have served you for many years and will continue to do so untill my dieing day. Please Lord Moren, let me keep my daughter. Punish this insolent being who thinks he can have which is rightfully yours!'
'So be it. I will have what is mind and protect your daughter.'
And so the prayer was recived.
It wasnt more than a day later that the God of snow was struck down, protecting his beloved from Attack. Warriors wearing the Life crest on their chest plates opened fire on the priest's daughter, pircing the flesh of their own comrad. Insted of retrieving the woman who 'was Moren's, they did the unforgivable and put an end to an impotals life.

The 'Tates' Will Decide T3

Greeving and distrught, she sought the help of the life god.
'Please!' she called at the alter, on her knees. 'Please. Let my tears be enough to convince you. Return my Niiva to me, great god. It is in him that I find happiness!'
But to this there was no reply. In that very temple, the God of Life got his own selfish wish as the blood of the woman covered the temple steps.
The priest found his daughter in eternal sleep, laying before the alter with her hands over her ches, her face still wet with tears.
'Why?" he cried.'Why would you take my only daughter when you promiced me help?'
To this the god answered, 'I promiced to take what was mine. For her happieness I vowed the safe return of Niiva.'
To this day some people in this village thing the ice god lives and morns with each blizzard. The temple of ice has been closed for years. But it is only legend."

The 'Tates' Will Decide T4

A dark haired man sat in the inn, listening to the priests tale. "It seems far fetched to me." he stated flatly, not believing a word the man said.
He shrugged. "I am a believer." he stated. "though the storys undoubtedly been altered in the past hundred or so years."
"Undoubtedly." he repteded resting his cheek on his hand. "So theres no way for me to enter the temple?"
"Its sealed. Besides- why would you want to go?" he inquired as the soft flurries outside covered the ground.
"I just want to see it is all." he said waving a hand. "I was passing and felt drawn to it... I supose its because it looks so old. Kind of rare to see an old temple still standing after the war."
The priest laughed his agreement. "Yes," he said. "It is a hystorical landmark to be sure."
"... hm..." he looked out the window and pushed his glasses up.
"Is that all?" the priest asked.
"No." he looked back. "Im sorry. that was just a conversation opener." he admitted. "Ive asked any would-be priest ive met for help."
"IN what matter?" the man frowned.
"I hit my head a while back... since then, I can remember... well- anything." he blushed a bit, always feeling foolish. Big city doctors couldnt help him anhad advised him to seek 'spiritual aid'. "Ive been wondering for about a year now." he added as an after thought.
"Oh- I see." hte priest blinked. "I'm sorry, I dont have any... magic." he chukled. of course. magic. that stuff didnt exsist anymore. ONly in fairy tales, like the ones about the gods and super-natural beasts.
"Alright... I figured as much." he saighed.
"Im sorry." the priest repeated and stood. "its getting late. You should go to bed. Traveling for so long mus have mae you tired."
"Yeah." he chukled and stood as well. "Your right."
"I dont believe I got your name,sir." the priest said eyeing him susspiciusly suddenly. It was uncommon for someone to wear a sword in the open anymore. Not while newer and stronger weopns had been invented.
"Tates." he replied.
"Tates... well, Tates, take care. And good louck to you."
he chukled. "Sure." he said. Once the old priest was gone, he headded to the room he was renting,eager to finaly get some sleep.

----

When morning came, tates had already left the inn and payed. HE couldnt leave the little town untill he saw the inside of the tmple.
Back to top Go down
http://animagicrpsite.forumotion.com/
LadySaphiraShijinuske
LadySaphiraShijinuske

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:23 pm

The 'Tates' Will Decide Chasianna

High Priestess Chasianna

Legends are passed down from generation to generation, tales of our Gods and Godesses, of our beginnings and even of our eminent and disastrous endings. My grandfather has always told me of these stories, stories that fascinate me so, but only one has captured my interest so completely that destiny itself has allowed us to become entertwined. The tale of Niiva, the God of snow, and the beautiful maiden who melted his heart. It is a tragic love story, one that only ends in death and sorrow.
The maiden who fell so deeply in love with Niiva was the daughter of the High Priest who served the God Moren, God of life and creation. In her father's pride she lost her love and quickly grew mad with grief, ultimately giving her life in return for Niiva's revival.
Her father, left to wallow in his own intense grief, issued a decree that only those blessed with incredible beauty could become servant to Moren, an attempt to honor his now deceased daughter. Since then, everytime a new Priestess was chosen to serve the temple, the most beautiful in the village was chosen for servitude.
It is both an honor and a curse to be chosen to serve the God Moren, for he is the most greedy and powerful of all Gods and Goddesses in our world. All girls in the village are frightened of the day of selection, for once they turn 18 they become eligable to be chosen for servitude.
The day of my 18th birthday is a date which I will never forget, a date which altered the path of my life forever. It is the day I was recognized by the God Moren himself and the day I was forced to accept my fate as his new High Priestess.
---3 years later
The morning air chilled my lungs as the last fragments of the sunrise lingered over the distant mountains. I stood silently, motionlessly, taking in my surroundings with disbelief, fear, and wonder. Here I was, standing before the temple I had so long been forbidden to go, my chest tight with anticipation and fright. Millions of questions ravaged my mind, but only one managed to catch my attention. What awaited me beyond those icy walls? Whatever it was, would it bring the answers to the cause of my dreams?
Ignoring the shivers cascading down my back I huddled further into my cloak. I held my breath, listening only to the sounds of the birds and the crunching of ice beneath my feet as I took the first few steps toward the temple doors. In an instant I halted, however, and the gripping fingers of dread caught a hold of my heart at the snap of a twig a few feet behind me. I prayed it be only an animal, for if I were caught vivisting this place my punishment would surely be severe.
Back to top Go down
LadySaphiraShijinuske
LadySaphiraShijinuske

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:26 pm

"What's a woman like you doing here? And at this hour none the less..."
Tates stood behind her with one hand in his pocket, the one opposite his sword. He didnt look pleased. He'd planned to come alone and break his way in. Obviously having a woman there as a whittness wasnt healthy for his ideas. His eyes stared intensely as he waited for an answer. He didnt plan on waiting all day.
He took his hand out from his pocket and inested let it rest at his side as he walked past her and headded to the entrance. It had been barracaded and defaced. Even the gargoilic statues outside were ruined. Anchent carvings reduced to lumps. More than likely it wasnt natures hand either.

High Priestess Chasianna

"This hour?" I replied politely, my attemtps at steadying my voice in vain. The fear that was consuming me was evident, and I cursed under my breath. Who was this man, and why had he come to this place? "I've never seen him before, so he mustn't be from around here."
"With all due respect, sir, it is only morning. I rise with the sun everyday," I smiled, though his cold eyes sent shivers down my spine. My eyes followed him as he made his way toward the entrance, and I noticed the jeweled sword that rested against his side. The fact that he still carried such an archaic weapon only furthered to invoke my curiosity, and I found myself absent-mindedly taking a step closer to the man.
"If I may be so bold to ask, sir, why are you here? I do believe it's safe to say you're not from around here."

He glanced at her. "Safe to assume maybe- not so safe to say in todays world."
He didnt touch the building in insted just inspected it, adjusting his glasses as he did so.
He wore a black ring, it lookedlike it was made of some sort of stone more than metal. On his pale skin it made the night sky look bright.
"Pristess," he looked to her. "Is there a way you know of that i could get inside?" he asked. "For research purposes." he added in a careless manner. His eyes spoke diffrnetly though. If she couldnt help himin- he would find his own way. More than likely it would envolve some sort of damage.

"Research purposes..?" Chasianna repeated uncertainly. This man was definitately a stranger to this land, so research could be his primary intention...Still, there was something about him that made her uncertain.
"Yes, I know a way in," she replied softly, still unsure of whether she should trust this man. "Though I would be grateful if you shared with me your true reasons for visiting this place before I allow you inside." Her voice had not faltered as she said this, but she tightened her grip on her shawl anxiously. Something about him, it was unsettling.

"..." he glanced at her. "Im drawn to this place... I Simply want to see what inside could possibly be calling me."
His Narrow eyes stayed on her for a moment before going to the entrance again. His hand looked as though it were going to the hilt of his sword- though insted hid itself carelessly in it in his pocket.

Chasianna visably cringed as he seemingly reached for the hilt of his sword, but she relaxed as he harmlessly placed his hand in his pocket instead.
"I see," she replied to his response, cautious curiosity lighting up her smokey eyes. It seemed he had come here for the same exact reason she had. "Right this way," she spoke up, and she politely passed by him toward the front gates of the temple. At the base of the door lay a pattern, ancient heiroglyphs that decorated the panels of the entrance. She mouthed something under her breath and counted slowly, carefully, before gently pressing down on one of the stones. The gate began to rumble, the doors began to shake and whine lowly as the inside of the magnificent temple was slowly being revealed.
Chasianna watched in awe, though without surprise. She had had many dreams about this very moment, and the visions of them played over and over in her mind. How else would she have known how to open the temple gates?
"Follow me," she spoke softly, glancing back quickly toward the man who stood behind her. "Hurry or the entrance will close on you."
Back to top Go down
LadySaphiraShijinuske
LadySaphiraShijinuske

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Tates watched her carefully , eying the drawings on the floor before the doors began to move.He raised an eyebrow at her, looking past her then into the temple
He frowned when she said the doors would close, following her in swiftly. It was surprisingly cold. The snow outside was spring time weather compared to the temperature. "How strange." he murmured to himself, looking around. he spotted a statue that made him want to both look away and study it closer. A demon of sorts. Hideous, but some how marvelous carved into black onyx. Across from it was a statue of a gorgeous woman, carved in white marble. It was so intricate, from the corner of your eye its long dress could have been mistaken for silk rather than stone. He was too preoccupied with the statues to look anywhere else just yet.

Chasianna's eyes immediately caught sight of the statues as well, but her eyes locked onto the statue of the beautiful woman. She was so intricately crafted, it was almost unreal. She took a small step forward and paused, unable to take another. Everything was just as she had dreamed. Everything, from the entrance of the temple to the gorgeous carved statues. She stood, dumbfounded and unable to move.
How many times had that very same maiden appreared before her as she slept? The images were countless. Chasianna's voice caught in her throat, and she found herself struggling to breathe as she cautiously inched forward and closer to the beautiful woman.

He examined the stone for a good moment before looking o the priestess. "Dont be tempted to touch it." he warned fomr his spot. "More often than ot temples that are sealed have boobie traps."
Of course, he figured she already knew. but she looked like she was in such a daze it might have slipped her mind.
He turned on his heel, abandoning the monstrous statue in order to examine the woman instead. It didnt have the effect he had hoped. while the beast sent a chill to his spine, the woman's dead carved eyes made his stomach flip.
It didnt make sence for the two statues to be there. Not according to the story the old monk had said. Then again- Tates might have been right about it being altered over the decades.

The voice of the man she had entered the temple with quickly brought Chasianna out of her thoughts and back to reality, and she nodded, half-dazed, in response.
"Yes, you're right," she replied, watching as the man approached the statue she was standing in front of. He looked curious, awed, and yet somewhat confused. I caught his gaze and immediately looked away.
"She's beautiful, isn't she?" I whispered, still taken about by her breathtaking figure. "Like nothing I've ever seen before."
"Besides in my own dreams," she added quietly to herself.

She looks fake." he stated. he racked his mind for a while in silence before speaking- mostly to himself. "I heard a story about a god who was turned into a beast by his jellous brother. He went insane from how he looked and killed the mortal woman he had loved, then found out she had been having an affair with the very brother who cursed him... I wonder if it was this God." he glanced back to the other statue. it would have meant that the temple was built either after the myth or the statues were added... either way- it was bizzar. Not to mention it had been a story he heard in the deep south. But it wouldnt account for the gods death, or why the temple had been sealed.
"Maybe a mix of the two stories." he murmured thoughtfully, walking to the alter and away from the stone gaze of the woman.

Chasianna's gaze shifted from the statue to Tates, and her eyes flickered with curiosity and confusion.
"That's odd," she replied, studying his expression for a monet before continuing on. "The story I was always taught is different." She brought a hand to her chin and gazed at him thoughtfully, wondering whether or not she should share with him the dreams she's been having.
"As a matter of fact, I know your version of the story is incorrect. I've dreamt about it..."

He looked over his shoulder at her, his way as asking her to continue as he climbed the steps. he blinked down at the golden goblet on the table. he was silent as he stared into it. Wine? It would have evaporated by now- or frozen... or both?
He frowned and steped away form it, not wanting to think about disturbing details like that one...

"Well," Chasianna continued uncertainly, her eyes following his form as he headed up the stairs toward the altar. I ignored his disgruntled espression and continued her story.
"I've dreamt it countless times. Neeva, the God of Ice and Snow, once fell in love with a beautiful priestess. The God of Life, Neeva's brother, grew fond of the woman as well, but when he found out she loved Neeva he grew very angry. In his jealousy he cursed his brother and transformed him into a terrible beast."
She paused, waiting for the okay to continue.

Tates seemed interested in her little story as he poked around, keeping his hands in his pockets. he knelt down behind a pillar to pick up a stray stone, most likely there form years fo decay. "Go on." he encouraged.

Chasianna nodded and continued on. "Neeva sought out the woman he loved in hopes her abilities as a priestess would lift his curse. The woman, however, fled in fright of his appearance. He pursued her further, and, fearing for her life, she slayed him in his bestial form."
"It's a tragic love story, really," she explained, her brows furrowing sightly. "You see, she later found out it was her beloved whom she had slain by mistake, and she went mad with grief. She offered herself up to the God of Life for Neeva's guaranteed return, sacrificing herself upon his altar. Her father later found her with a knife buried deep within her heart, though I am sure the pain of the blade was meaningless compared to that of her anguished heart."
Chasianna let out a small breath and shook her head, bowing it slightly toward the two statues in respect.
"It's very sad, indeed. And most assuredly different from your tale."

he had made his way back to her by the time she finished the story. "Apparently." he agreed. "... Just how long have you beenhaving these visions, pristess?" He inquired with a raised eyebrow. His cool eyes stard down at her, the light on his glasses making him seem some how... mennasing?
Though his pose was quite the opposite. relaxed and curious.

"Well, I-" she stuttered, and her voice caught in her throat at the peculiar glint in his eye. It was powerful, almost frightening, and she found herself grasping her arms to keep herself from shuddering with fear. What was it about him that scared her so? Scarcely a look could send shivers down her spine.
"Since I was chosen by the God Moren himself to become his priestess. My eighteenth birthday, to be exact. So it has been three years now..."
She trailed off, watching him with both curiosity and awe. She couldn't quite place her finger on what made her so utterly terrified of him, but everytime he passed by she could surely feel the coldness of his presence. Her eyes followed the trail of patterned tiles below her, making a path that lead directly to the frosted statue of the beast, and she shuddered once again at the realization that hit her.
Both he and the creature both shared the same icy blue eyes.

He watched her for a moment before he chuckled. "You act as though you expect me to bite you." he teased.
It was like his laughter was an alter ego of his eyes. Light hearted and amused. Not cruel like one might imagine.
"Though I must admit i am confused as why you continue to serve a god you think is so evil."

Chasianna gazed at him curiosly. Laughter was a strange action for one such as him, and its soft amusement contrasted his harsh appearance. She raised her eyebrows and let out a small breath. She'd never been more amazed.
"I'm bound by blood," she spoke once again after a few seconds. "If I refuse my destiny, I will perish."
She locked eyes with him, her pearly gray ones with his icy blue ones, before glancing quickly away.
"Do not assume I fear death, for that is not the case. I do not wish to die just yet. There would be things left undone, things I have yet to accomplish-someone I have yet to meet."
She paused, her expression hesitant as she shifted her gaze back toward where he stood. He'd yet to hear of her reaccuring dream, and she was uncertain whether she should go on.

"With all abundantly due respect priestess- I thought it was unsuitable for a lady of your particular class to have such romantic fantasies."
His tone wasnt a cutting harsh- insted it was almost pitting.
He took off his sword-still cased-, and used it to prod an upside down pew. No need to find out the hard way if somethign was alive under it. As intrested as he was in her stories, he was more curious as to why the temple had been sealed in the first place.
"...?" he stoped his prodding and stared at the hilt of his sword before looking to the door, which was closed. She HAD sait it would close... but it didnt stop him from frowning and standing up strate.
"Pristess-" he cut her off before she could reply to his accusation. "Go behind the alter and crowtch down." he instructed.

[You had an idea of guards comming to get her or something?]

Romantic fantasies? What did he mean by that??
Chasianna opened her mouth in response, her expression reflecting she was clearly offended by his words, but she was quickly quieted by Tates alarmed tone. Get behind the alter and crouch down? Why??
Fighting against the urge to protest, Chasianna obeyed and quickly hid from view. She kept her head popped out a bit, however, curious as to why he has suddenly become so anxious.
The sound of many footsteps were approaching, and Chasianna's eyes widened in fear. Who was coming, and why in numbers? Had someone spotted them breaking into the temple and reported to a nearby guard?? If that were the case, she would surely be doomed.
There was suddenly a loud crashing sound, followed by the rays of light where the door had once been closed. There stood five men, each clad in the rich purple and white that represented the colors of the God of Life, and Chasianna could feel her heart in her throat.
This was it. She was done for.

Imediatly he was on guard, hand at the ready and bendding at the knees.
"Stand down." one of the guards called, holding up a gun. one of the mroe modern weapons- much more efectice at long distance than a blade ever could be.
"You hold no athority ovewr me." Tates sneered, his left foot piviting slightly. It made the broken tile under his foot crunch like the sound of someone walking on pebles.
And there it was again. That chilling feeling in the air. That superior athority that just pressed down on you- made you feel like nothing. Almost like magic
But then again- how could it be? Magic was nonexsistant. Simply a throry died out over time through science.
The man took aim and frowned. "Where is the high pristess?" he demanded.
When Tates didnt answer he took a half step closer.
No sooner did the bang finigh that the sound of cracking ice follow.
One of the stained glass windows shattered, all of the other guards had their weapons drawn, and had taken a step back. All at once.
Tates frowned, holding his sword sideways horridontaly infront of him, one hand bracing the blade. It took a moment for the other men to realise just what they were seeing. Or nt seeing. His hand did not reflect in the metla as it should have- and the bullet haddnt shattered it.
The youngest of the guard looked stunned. "Is that-"
"Ice?" Tates finish for him as he crowtched down low to the ground, hand lightly placed ontop of the frozen blade.

Ice! It was ice! But, how was that possible? He'd seemingly created that powerful weapon from nowhere, and the frozen water that encompassed the blade reflected tiny diamonds upon the granite tiles below him. He was a sight to behold, his grin haughty and menacing. It was almost breathtaking, a beauty Chasianna had never seen before.
But the ice?? There was no way he could have done that if he were a mere human. Unless...was he a priest granted powers by the God of Snow himself? No, that couldn't be it.
The image of the crystal beast's peircing blue eyes instantly flashed through her mind, and she stifled a gasp beneath her pale fingers. There was no way that could be a coincidence. Chasianna's eyes widened, and she nearly lost her balance as she continued to crouch behind the altar.
The legend spoke of the God being reborn within another body, another time. Was this man really who she thought he was? Niiva, the Ice God reincarnated?? Was he the man she had been dreaming about every night for the past three years now, the reason she was deprived of a restful sleep since the day she began her new life as a priestess? A sudden wave of dizziness rushed through her body and this time she did fall backwards, landing sharply on her back against one of the granite stairs. She instinctively let out a yelp, then immediately cursed herself afterward. Now they would surely be captured.
No! The thought boomed through her mind, and she couldn't help but gape at Tates as he stood powerfully in the center of the temple. If he was really who she thought he was...
Oh, how she hoped she was right.
Back to top Go down
LadySaphiraShijinuske
LadySaphiraShijinuske

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:36 pm

The leader spotted her and imediatly changed target- for some ungodly reason.
"Open fire!" he demanded.
Tates sprinted forward, bringing his blade upwards. With a sickening sound, the guard cried out. Shots were fired and the havoc began.
It endded nearly as soon as it started. Three bodies lay on the floor of the temple, limbs in a few other places.
One had escaped.
Tates frowned, looking around. Gone.
His b;ade was no longer clear. insted it was a foggie red- blood frozen to it.
[not gonna write it, but he got shot. His leg. No enough to kill him, but bad enough to slow them down a bit]

Blood and bodies laid strewn across the floor, dark red staining the once pearly white granite. Chasianna remained crouched, tears filling her eyes and head swirling with confusion. The guards! They were dead, she was not. And Tates...
Chasianna bit back a sob and struggled to keep her composure.. She looked away from the crumpled men and instead focused upon the man who had saved her. His icy weapon was clouded with frosty ooze, his expression fierce and wild. It was almost too frightening to bear, but Chasianna simply couldn't look away. It was chilling, almost in a beautiful way. It didn't make sense at all, and still she could not peel away from it all. The sickening metallic scent that overpowered her nose, the glistening pools of crimson reflecting of the crystal statues of the beast and the woman, the blade he weilded so naturally encompassed in the blood of the men who had tried to kill her.
It disgusted and fascinated her.

He put his blade away and turned arouns. There was no blood on his face, though his pale skin did seem paler. His wild expression had vanished replaced by his cool mask, composed and slightly anoyed... Something else as well. But what?
When he turned that much was answered. pain. His pants on the left leg side stuck to him, covered in blood.
He'd been hit after all...
"Are you alright?" he asked, staying where he was. If he aproched her, she might shrink back, besides it woudl anger the seering pain in his thy.
His voice was calm- undermining the crimson spray around him.

"I, yes, but-" Chasianna stuttered, and she slowly came out of hiding and took a few steps toward where he stood. Her eyes caught sight of the crimson stain on his leg and she let out a small gasp, forgetting the fear that had been plaguing her just a few moments ago.
"You're injured!" she cried out, her brows furrowing in concern. She lifted her hand and reached for the wound, then hesitated and quickly drew it back. "Please...allow me to heal you. It is the least I can do in return for you saving my life." She reached into a small silk purse that hung from the belt around her waist, pulling out a small white clam shell.
"May I?" she asked, opening the shell to reveal a rose colored ointment. "It's a salve I created myself. It may sting a little, but it will stop the flow of blood and prevent infection until the bullet can be properly removed."

Tates sat down and tore the leg pant farther for her to get to it.
"Help yourself," he said grimicing. "I take it you aren’t allowed to be here?" he asked. He set his sword down next to him, the blood puddling in the wound.
ooc: Hope you don't mind the tiny change! ^^;

"Is it that obvious?" Chasianna smiled, but it was strained and almost forced. She dipped her finger in the thick salve and gently spread it atop his wounds, carefully coating it to stop the flow of blood.
"That will have to do for now. We'll have to find a place to hide for a while. The High Priest will be sending out more guards, and I'll need to remove this bullet if we ever want to make it out alive."

He frowned and stood, testing to make sure his leg wouldnt give outon him when he stepped before nodding his agreement.
"On my way to this town I passed a cave not too far out of its boundries." he stated. "Theyl search it, no doubt. But it should be far enough to give us a head start."
'Us'. When he said it- it was like an unspoken promice had been made. He would protect her from the guards, and she would heal his leg.
And that was the plan.
For the moment anyway.

"A cave?" she repeated curiously. Chasianna had never been out of the boundaries of her homeland, and a wave of excitement rushed through her body-along with the cold fear that was already there.
"Yes, I'm sure they will search it, but it will have to do. I'll just have to work quickly, then." She stood up and quickly returned the shell to the silk purse at her waist.
"I'll help you out, okay? Just lean on me for support."

"With all due respect, pristess. I doubt you could hold up my weight." he chukled, making his way to the entrance with her. His limp was noticable alright, and his walk wasnt as fluid as it had been. he was stiff- working hard to keep his cool demenor.
But his sword...
He kept one hand on the hilt at all times, fingers wraped around the hilt in a death grip.

"Oh, hush now," Chasianna replied, and she grabbed a hold of his arm and wrapped it around her shoulders. "Anything helps."
They continued toward the entrance, slowly but surely, and she made sure Tates didn't put all his weight on his leg. The bullet would only bury itself deeper into his flesh if he did so.
"C'mon, lean just a bit on me. The salve will help, but it doesn't work miracles. Cooperate, won't you?" she smiled softly, though all in all she was very serious.
Back to top Go down
LadySaphiraShijinuske
LadySaphiraShijinuske

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:40 pm

"..." he frowned, seeming a bit hessident to fully trust her with his weight... But then again he had let her put a strange cream on his open wound... If that haddnt killed him yet- it was enough proof he could trust her.
Finally allowing her to help him walk, they left the tempel. "What was your name again?" he asked her. he stoped walking long enough to take his coat off and put it around her shoulders. "Wearing those clothes will make you stick out like a sore thumb. We will have to get you some new clothes later."
The trench coat was startelingly warm. concitering his odd display during the fight- one would assume it would be cold. But no... it was warm, like any other human would make it....

"It's Chasianna."
Chasianna's eyes widened in surprise as he removed his coat and wrapped it gently over her shoulders, and the action immediately brought the color to rise in her cheeks. She hadn't expected such a polite gesture from the seemingly icy man, and it had caught her off guard.
"Oh, but won't you be cold??" she questioned, trying to cover up the fact that she was blushing-though there was real concern in her flustered tone. It was no where near as cold outside as it was in the temple, but there was a chill in the air nonetheless. "And I have my-Oh no!" She stopped in her tracks and turned to face the temple once again, her eyes wide.
"I forgot my cloak! It's behind the altar!" she exclaimed, and she nearly took off before remembering Tates was leaning on her for support.
"It has the emblem of the God of Life stitched onto the back of it. I was wearing it inside out to avoid recognition. If the guards find it..."
Her throat tightened and she trailed off mid-sentence.
((ooc: Haha, Chasianna is freaking out for no reason. The guards already know she was in the temple, so finding her cloak can't bring anymore damage. That damage has already been done, so to say.))

Please tell me your kidding." he said, gently giving her a little push to let her know he would continue with or without her help. "One of those guards got away. they already know you were there, Chasianna." he stated. "Right now your better off trusting me. Well hide- then when we get a chance I will go get you a change of clothes. Depending on how serious you are- you may conciter cutting your hair."
His knee buckled, starteling even himself as he nearly topled.

"I-" she began, but she immediately bowed her head in defeat. "Yes, you're right. It doesn't matter anymore anyway..."
She frowned and let out a small breath, clearly bothered by the situation-but she perked up at his next words.
"What?? Cut my hair?? But-"
And that's when he almost fell.
"Oh!" she cried out, and she did her best to steady him, though he was much too heavy for her. "Are you alright??"
((ooc: I'm gonna find a pic of an asian girl with short hair now. Lol.))

[lol have fun]
"Concitering ive been shot i would say im doing just fine." he said through gritted teeth.
He winced and put more weight onto his other leg. "Come on... Well have to hurry."

"No need for sarcasm," Chasianna mumbled, but she nodded in response to his words anyway, making sure she kept a firm grasp on the man's arm so he wouldn't fall again.
She kept rather quiet as they walked along, obviously deep within her own thoughts, and she didn't notice when they stepped out of the borders of her home and into a world she had never seen before. There were new sights and smells everywhere, strange sounds of animals, rustles in bushes, brilliantly colored flowers and snow crested trees that almost touched the sky.
"Where are we?" she spoke barely in a whisper, awe-struck by the breaktaking beauty that surrounded her. She'd never seen anything so ridiculously stunning in her life.
((ooc: ))

"The woods." he said simply as they walked. "It shouldny bee too far from here." he added.
[sorry its short, got company over. ttyl]

"The forest..." Chasianna's voice caught in her throat, and she couldn't help but be awestruck by the immense beauty that surrounded her. The sun's golden rays caught through the treetops above, shining through the tiny spaces between the leaves and speckling the ground as they continued toward their destination.
After a few minutes hey came across a large formation of rocks that caused the path to veer sharply to the right. Behind the boulders the entrance to a small cave could be seen, and Chasianna tightened her grip on Tates' arm.
"Is that it?
((ooc: ))

"Yes, this is it." he said, pulling away from her. he rest his hand on his sword, entering the cavemouth looking in. He drew the blade, angeling light into the cavern. "Its small, nothings in it..." Looking over his shoulder at her he pushed aside a few stray vines of ivy. "Come on. We wont have much time to rest before they come looking." he stated, wincing as he hobbled in himself.

Chasianna followed cautiously behind him, lightly grabbing ahold of his shirt as they stepped into the dark cave. It was sharp and chilly, and she could hear water drops thud softly as they fell to the stone floor.
"Are you sure it's really empty?" she whispered, her voice shaking a bit with fear. "It's so dark in there...How can you see?"
((ooc: Sorry it's so short! I don't want my computer to go crazy on me and make me loose my post! Lol.))

"Its plenty bright in here." he said like she was insane. "If you keep rubbing the wall youll cut yourself." he added, walking -or limping- farther into the darkness, as one point turning left as he looked around. He sat downwith a sigh. Or did he fall? It was pitch black and hard to tell.

Plenty bright? Was he insane? She shot him an incredulous look, though she was certain he could not have seen through the blackness, and she carefully made her way into the darkness.
"Plenty bright in here...He must be mental," she sighed inwardly, and she slowly slid to the floor a few feet away from where Tates sat.
"So now we rest...and then what? Where will we go?"

He didnt respond for a moment. "Ill have to get back to you on that," he said, looking for something to pull the bullet out with. Using his sword was a last resort. "I know a few people who owe me favors. getting you a change of clothes wont be hard to do at all." he stated.

"Well that's a start, at least," she replied, watching him gaze around the room as if searching for something.
"We need to remove the bullet soon, but theres not enough light in here to do it. I have a candle in my purse, but no way to light it...And I'm afraid even if we found a way we might not have enough time to get it out before the soldiers come looking for us."

"You might look away." he warned. she heard him taking his blade out, though in the dark it shimed ever so slightly. a dim blue light in the ice.
Amazing.
He used his hand to wipe away the blood, holding his breath as he carefullypushed the tip into his thy. It made no noise.

"No, stop!" she called out, and she cringed as the blade sunk into his skin.
"You're crazy, you know that?" she huffed, scrambling over to where he stood and nearly toppling over. She caught herself on the wall and bit her lip to fight the sharp pain in her palms. She had cut herself on the wall.
Ignoring the pain, she regained her composure and plopped down next to him, ripping a peice of her dress and using it to wipe the blood away.
"At least this is better than wiping with your hand..."

He grimiced and after a moment she heard a ping' of metal on rock. He'd gotten it out.
Swearing lightly under his breath and removed the blade, settingiton the ground. its glowwas just enough to make out his shdowed shape infront of her. "Crazy and genius often cross paths." he stated, stratening his glasses. were they just for show? How could he see perfictly in the dark yet have trouble seeing in the light?
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:03 pm

XD saphire you silly girl- its your turn!!!
Back to top Go down
https://everlastingnight.rpg-board.net
LadySaphiraShijinuske
LadySaphiraShijinuske

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:02 pm

"And I'm the genius, right?" Chasianna replied sarcastically, and she blinked a bit as she eyes adjusted to the light. "You're bledding like crazy," she commented, and she scooted closer to him to get a better look at his wound. "We've gotta stop the bleeding."

She reached down and grabbed ahold of the bottom of her long skirt and yanked it, riping it along the seam until she reached her mid-thigh. "There," she spoke aloud, scooting even closer to him now. "Put your leg up on my lap, but be careful not to get blood on me. I need to wrap this for you."

((Haha, oops! Sorry! ^^Wink
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:21 pm

[OOC: lol, its ok]

Tates grimiced, using his hands to move his leg. He was getting light headded. "If it snows tonight theyll have a harder time finding us." he said wincing again as she began to wrap his leg up. "In which case well need a way of staying warm other than fire."
Back to top Go down
LadySaphiraShijinuske
LadySaphiraShijinuske

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:29 pm

Chasianna tried to be as gentle as she could as she wrapped Tates' wound, but she needed to stop the bleeding and so it needed to be wound tightly. "Well you did say you had some people that owed you favors, didn't you? Are they far away from here?" she asked, her eyes remaining glued to the task at hand. She needed to make sure it would stay good and tight not only to keep the bleeding from starting up again, but to keep dirt and other infectants out.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:50 pm

"Ow." he frowned as she tied it. ".... Yolty's home isnt too far from here... if we wait untill night we can make it there in about an hours time walking. maybe a little more with my leg."
Back to top Go down
LadySaphiraShijinuske
LadySaphiraShijinuske

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:15 pm

"Yolty," Chasiiana repeated curiously, and she finished tying off the bandage to his leg. "Is that a boy's name, or a girl's? It's so strange." She let her fingers run over the freshly tied material, absent-mindedly stroking his knee as she waited for his response. "Actually, I've never heard any name like it. So strange..."
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:25 pm

"Hes the man who found me when I first woke up." tates said. "Hes almost like a brother to me." he looked from his leg to her. "Everyone in his family was names after a quality. His was Loyalty." he explained. "They gave me the name Tates after the diffrent states of matter."
Back to top Go down
LadySaphiraShijinuske
LadySaphiraShijinuske

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:49 pm

"Oh, I see," Chasianna replied softly, and she once again shifted her light eyes down toward Tates' bandaged knee.

"Shall we wait a few more minutes before heading out?" she inquired, though it was more of a suggestion than a question. "Meanwhile, chew on this." She reached into her small silk purse and pulled out what looked like a small root, and she handed it over to him.

"It will taste very bitter," she warned, "but it will ease the pain as we travel. That should help us reach our destination more quickly as well."
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:26 pm

He blinked and took it from her. "Where do you hide all of this stuff, a magic poutch?" he asked, puttign it into the back of his mouth to chew.

Wow. So he did joke!

He made a funny face as he chewed on it.
Back to top Go down
LadySaphiraShijinuske
LadySaphiraShijinuske

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Chasianna was taken aback by his sudden humor, and a smile broke out across her face. So he did have a sense of humor after all! And yet he always seemed so grumpy and serious. Thank the Gods for small favors.

"You look so silly eating that," she giggled, watching as Tates' face twisted and his expression grew sour. "You're face is hilarious." She giggled again, though this time she brought her hands up to her lips in an attempt to stop it.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:54 pm

He nearly choaked when he swallowed. "Im glad you find it funny." he said gaging on the taste.

He didnt do well with sour...
Back to top Go down
LadySaphiraShijinuske
LadySaphiraShijinuske

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:06 pm

"Well at least now you'll feel better!" Chasianna replied cheerfully, and she closed up her slik pouch once again and gazed back up at him. "You weren't exactly supposed to swallow it though. It was mainly the juices that you needed, but it's okay. It won't hurt you."

"Anyway, we'll just wait a few more minutes until it starts to take effect, and then we can get going okay? It shouldn't take too long."
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:07 pm

"I only swallowed to get it out of my mouth." he said grimicing at the after taste.
Back to top Go down
LadySaphiraShijinuske
LadySaphiraShijinuske

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:31 pm

"You could have just spit it out, you know," Chasianna giggled again, though she tried to keep her amusement to herself for his sake. "Anyway, the herb's effects last quite some time, so we can get you proper care when we get to your friend Yolty's home."
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:28 pm

He shrugged before standingup, testing to see if his leg woudl hold him. it hurt- but already it hurt alot less.

"Lets get going. Only an idiot woudl be cought outside at night in this weather."
Back to top Go down
LadySaphiraShijinuske
LadySaphiraShijinuske

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:16 pm

"Alright," Chasianna agreed, and she quickly stood up and took his arm to help steady him. "Let's be off then."

Once they exited the cave they were met with a sharp breeze, and the wave of cold air immeditely sent a shiver down Chasianna's spine. Since she had torn her skirt in order to wrap Tates' legs, she was barely concealed from the harsh temperature of the wind that was now lashing at their faces. "Oh, it's cold out here," she commented aloud, though she tried not to make her uncomfort known as they passed further into the woods. "How is your leg feeling?"
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:33 pm

"Heavy and a little num." he admitted, having given his jacket to her back in the cave.

He looked at her, putting his arm around her shoulders. "It shouldnt be too much farther..."
Back to top Go down
LadySaphiraShijinuske
LadySaphiraShijinuske

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:00 pm

"You must be freezing," Chasianna replied, and she frowned at the thought. "And I have your coat. I'm sorry," she apologized, biting her lip anxiously.

"You're wounded too. You're going through so much trouble for me..." She let out a soft breath and bowed her head. "I truly am grateful to you. I owe you my life."

((oops! I forgot he gave her his coat lol))
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:08 pm

Tates just chukled. "Im stronger than you is all. Physically..." he wasnt foolish enough to challenge any sort of pristess. Rumors said they had powers from the gods... messing with one of them was messing with the gods.

He was simply doing what was right. It wasnt something he really had to think about- he just acted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'Tates' Will Decide   The 'Tates' Will Decide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 'Tates' Will Decide
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everlasting Night :: Role Playing :: Past-
Jump to: