Everlasting Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everlasting Night

This is a mature Role Playing site.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cold memory

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:46 pm

"Legend speaks of many importal entitys, and some who fall in love with humans. It is rare, however, to hear a tale suh as Niiva's. The God of snow- said to be the most beautyful of the northern lands dieties. His heard was suposed to be as cold as the ice covered lands he ruled though, focused only on the task at hand. humans who claimed to see him often told of his blue eyes that chilled past the bone into the very soul of men.

The woman, whos statue stands opposite his in the temple of Niikar, who melted his heart was the daughter of the head priest of the Higher God Moren, Ruler of life and creation. Blessed with beauty beyond any normal mortal her sweet voice entranced the God, luring him into game.

When the Priest heard of this, he grew infuriated.How dare a lesser entity even think of being with his daughter? It was unforgivable. And so he went, enraged after seeing Niiva embracing his beautiful daughter, to the temple in which he prayed so often.
'Please', he begged, 'I have served you for many years and will continue to do so untill my dieing day. Please Lord Moren, let me keep my daughter. Punish this insolent being who thinks he can have which is rightfully yours!'
'So be it. I will have what is mind and protect your daughter.'
And so the prayer was recived.
It wasnt more than a day later that the God of snow was struck down, protecting his beloved from Attack. Warriors wearing the Life crest on their chest plates opened fire on the priest's daughter, pircing the flesh of their own comrad. Insted of retrieving the woman who 'was Moren's, they did the unforgivable and put an end to an impotals life.

Greeving and distrught, she sought the help of the life god.
'Please!' she called at the alter, on her knees. 'Please. Let my tears be enough to convince you. Return my Niiva to me, great god. It is in him that I find happiness!'
But to this there was no reply. In that very temple, the God of Life got his own selfish wish as the blood of the woman covered the temple steps.
The priest found his daughter in eternal sleep, laying before the alter with her hands over her ches, her face still wet with tears.
'Why?" he cried.'Why would you take my only daughter when you promiced me help?'
To this the god answered, 'I promiced to take what was mine. For her happieness I vowed the safe return of Niiva.'
To this day some people in this village thing the ice god lives and morns with each blizzard. The temple of ice has been closed for years. But it is only legend."

A dark haired man sat in the inn, listening to the priests tale. "It seems far fetched to me." he stated flatly, not believing a word the man said.
He shrugged. "I am a believer." he stated. "though the storys undoubtedly been altered in the past hundred or so years."
"Undoubtedly." he repteded resting his cheek on his hand. "So theres no way for me to enter the temple?"
"Its sealed. Besides- why would you want to go?" he inquired as the soft flurries outside covered the ground.
"I just want to see it is all." he said waving a hand. "I was passing and felt drawn to it... I supose its because it looks so old. Kind of rare to see an old temple still standing after the war."
The priest laughed his agreement. "Yes," he said. "It is a hystorical landmark to be sure."
"... hm..." he looked out the window and pushed his glasses up.
"Is that all?" the priest asked.
"No." he looked back. "Im sorry. that was just a conversation opener." he admitted. "Ive asked any would-be priest ive met for help."
"IN what matter?" the man frowned.
"I hit my head a while back... since then, I can remember... well- anything." he blushed a bit, always feeling foolish. "Ive been wondering for about a year now."
"Oh- I see." hte priest blinked. "I'm sorry, I dont have any... magic." he chukled. of course. magic. that stuff didnt exsist anymore. ONly in fairy tales, like the ones about the gods.
"Alright... I figured as much." he saighed.
"Im sorry." the priest repeated and stood. "its getting late. You should go to bed. Traveling for so long mus have mae you tired."
"Yeah." he chukled and stood as well. "Your right."
"I dont believe I got your name,sir." the priest said eyeing him susspiciusly suddenly. It was uncommon for someone to wear a sword in the open anymore.
"Tates." he replied.
"Tates... well, Tates, take care. come by in the morning for mass." he invited.
he chukled. "Sure." Of course he didnt plan to... Once the old priest was gone, he headded to the room he was renting,eager to finaly get some sleep.
Back to top Go down
https://everlastingnight.rpg-board.net
RoyalDuke

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:46 pm

In the room a man was sitting cross legged on one of the two bed drinking deeply out of a brownish orange gourd and let out a slight throaty cackle when he entered "Well Tates"said the man "I hope you didn't think you lost me back there"he said "I'd told you I'd be along shortly,did you find anything yet? Or did you find another person who doesn't believe in 'magic' so they say?"he asked "But whats the hubbub around this place? Any legends or myths,folklore or the likes? Anything to get you closer to your memories?"
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:51 pm

"Somethign like that." he said getting up. "Were going to the temple in the morning." he said streching.
He took his coat off and rolled his shoulders.
He told the story to his friend how the old priest had told him.
"... Think its too mushy?" tates asked. "I sure as shit do..." he mummbled taking the drink and having some for himself.
Back to top Go down
RoyalDuke

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:05 pm

Tasagi blinked clenching and unclenching his hand where his drink once was "Coulda asked you bum"he said then blinked "Hell yeah its mushy.....but if you want to go to the temple,then we can go"he said "Do you honestly think we'll find anything there?.....why is the world so weird...maybe I'm just too drunk"
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:48 pm

"You ar e too drunk. Allow me to help youi with that." tates chukled sitting down. he tossed the flask back to his friend. "I dunno what well find... but nothing is just more nothing... id rather a chance of finding soething, ya know?" he shifted in the seat, putting his feet up and crossing his arms.
Back to top Go down
RoyalDuke

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:52 pm

"You know I think better the more I drink"he said taking another deep gulp "Yeah,I know what you mean,well tomorrow we will go out,and if we don't find anything,then we'll just move on to the next city"Tasagi said "Hey,did you happen to come across those twins that we're downstairs in the tavern? They were........wow....,and they have a 'magical' aire about them, and I'm not talking about womanly magic this time"he said
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:38 pm

Tates opened one eye and looked at him oddly. "oh?" he asked. "Just how drunk are you today?" he asked scepticly
Back to top Go down
RoyalDuke

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:51 pm

Tasagi looked at the gourd swirling ti around as he thought "Not drunk enough"he conculded taking a deep drink "I think those girls may be some sort of preistesses or witches or magicians"he said as he stood up "I'll see if we can get them up into the room,ask them a few questions,have a little fun"
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:54 pm

"If you turn into a frog im not kissing you better." he said flattly.
"Hurry back."
Back to top Go down
RoyalDuke

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:20 pm

Aww don't want to be my prince charming Tates? I'm hurt"he said as he walked out the room moving down to the tavern section of the inn and spotting the two twins adorned in fancy robes,Tasagi moved over,had a few words and soon the door to the room opened and Tasagi came in with the girls behind him "This is my friend Tates,told you he was more attractive then his name"he said
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:23 pm

tates looked over twitching. "and whats that suposed to mean?" he demanded.
One of the twins raised an eyebrow at him. "Its the odd man form before." she noted.
tates frowned. *odd... man?*
Back to top Go down
RoyalDuke

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:35 pm

"Odd man? What do you mean?"Tasagi asked closing the door behind them "Just because he's odd,isn't going to change what we talked about downstairs is it"
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:38 pm

"How am I odd?" Tates frowned.
She shrugged. "You were talking to the priest like an interogator." she said.
Back to top Go down
RoyalDuke

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:56 pm

"And we over heard parts of it,asking about the old rundown temple no one ever visits"

"Doesn't make him odd,we're just trying to discover something that was lost"Tasagi said in his defense
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:55 pm

"Seeing as how your looking in the temple, youll need our help." The first sisster concluded.

Tated twitched and looked at his friend. "Last time im letting you wonder off on yor own again.
Back to top Go down
RoyalDuke

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:17 pm

"Ha well excuse me,I got two beautiful women to help us get into the temple you want to see,obviously locals,AND, ontop of that....they have agreed to spend the night......with us.....in here....if you get what I'm saying,you should be thanking me Tates"the Fire Monk said grinning

One of the twins chuckled softly to herself "You are a very funny monk,allow us to introduce ourselves, I'm Rinna"
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:26 pm

"Im tinna."

"So your parents were creative ones were they?" tates frowned. "I'm going to the bath house. Behave, monkey." he said to his friend.
Back to top Go down
RoyalDuke

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:46 pm

"Thats monkey style"Tasagi said grinning "You go bathe,I'll get to know the twins better"he said

"Do you mind if I join you?"Rinna asked "Perhaps answer any questions about aobut the temple or the local area?"
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:22 pm

tates grabbed a change of clothes and looked over to her. "Sure- if you want."
Back to top Go down
RoyalDuke

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:35 pm

Rinna smiled slightly to herself as she adjusted the small pack on her back "SHall we go then?"she smiled

"That leaves me and you alone Tinna"Tasagi said smiling slightly
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:13 am

Tinna smiled at him. "The only question now is will you remember which of us is which tomorrow."

Tates shrugged, headded out- knowing she would follow him.
Back to top Go down
RoyalDuke

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:38 am

"Well I would think so.....especially if you wake up beside me"Tasagi smiled "But no seriously,I'll remember"

"So Tates"Rinna said as she walked slightly behind him "What is it you wish to uncover at the temple"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cold memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold memory   Cold memory Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cold memory
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everlasting Night :: Role Playing :: Inn-
Jump to: